On Top of California

On Top of California
Lots of action at CofAPundit these days

Friday, April 18, 2014

PICS: One Day at Lancaster Farmers Market


Whoever says Lancaster is boring has not been here.



I spent two hours at the Thursday Farmers' Market yesterday and got these shots, and will be taking more.



Lancaster on a Thursday evening is a great place for people watching and buying fresh produce at low prices.







France Bakery is at Lancaster Farmers Market every week, with fresh baked breads and pastries.




















The Boulevard itself is something to behold on any day.

Above: Big Sale going on now at Kiki's


Another vendor you can count on is the Fresh Squeezed Lemonade / Strawberry-Lemonade





Learn about a faith-based domestic violence shelter in the making.






Stop for a meal.















Observe innovative shopping bag carrying techniques.

I always say, no matter what catastrophe happens in your life, you've got to move forward, and since moving here I am finding people who seem to live their lives the same way.  Had a great talk with new friend Ginger, pictured here.  I told her how I was in Chicago when I chose Lancaster as next place to live bk I can get to L.A. on the train easy when I need to and bk of affordable housing.  She said, "Yeah that's Lancaster, all right. End of the line and cheap rent."


Now I have to admit, I rarely leave the few blocks that hold downtown Lancaster, I feel like it's a refuge from the rest of the world. Lancaster is a very special place for me.  I'm ten times healthier for some reason since moving here, which was only last June. I know I'm not familiar personally with the history (but I read a lot), and I bring with me resources that some locals cannot access, not many but some. I am who I am and am grateful to have found this town.

These people who said Lancaster is boring are so clueless



  1. These Are The 10 Most Boring Places In California

    www.movoto.com/blog/top.../most-boring-places-in-california/

    Apr 8, 2014 - Another Southern Californian city located in the Mojave Desert like Lancaster and Victorville, Hesperia isn't quite as boring as those other two ...
  2. I get most my produce from Pedro.  He trucks in fresh vegetables and fruit for Lancaster market all year round, every week, even in darkest winter, you can count on him to be there.


    There is some controversy about vendors who truck in produce from other places, that a farmers market should be for local farms only. I'd like to hear from anyone who can educate me more on this. (Email cityofangelslady @ yahoo dot com).  As a consumer I'm grateful to have access to vegetables and fruit without having to go to a chain grocery store, so to me, I'm still keeping it local. If I'm wrong, please tell me. 
  3. Meanwhile, Onward.
  4. EXTRA: Just confirmed it: TehachaPie sold out all 45 pies in first two hours of market yesterday.
  5. Charlie, who bakes all TehachaPies in the kitchen at Woodward West Extreme Sports Camp. from scratch with the freshest local grown fruits he can find, is one happy vendor (pic is from March 28) as he also sold all his tarts and slices yesterday.
  6. -ke


No comments: